Reposted from Solo Traveler
August 18, 2010 by Janice
A twitter friend, @ DSXmac, told me that she heard a woman say that all women should travel alone before they get married.
Interesting comment. While I don’t like the “should” word – it’s quite judgmental in my mind — going solo is a good idea for women (and men) at just about any stage of life. Whether you’ve never been married, are married with kids, divorced, widowed, partnered with an empty nest… here are some great reasons to travel solo.
7 Reasons to Go
1. Discover yourself as you discover the world – before you get tied down, learn self-reliance, decision-making and how to organize your time.
2. Do what you want to do when you want to do it.
3. Have a last hurrah before you have children.
4. Discover who you are when you’re not responsible for children or a partner
5. Take a break from endless daily responsibilities and come back refreshed.
6. Build confidence after a divorce or loss.
7. Eat dessert first – do anything you want to do without being judged.