Thursday, October 22, 2009

It Was a Dark and Stormy Night

More exciting than the gray and drizzly day we are having.  If it's going to rain, I'd prefer a thunderstorm with lightning.  Then instead of feeling cooped up, you feel warm and cozy and safe inside.

This morning I vowed before leaving the house I would just take a quick peek at email and the temp so I'd know how to dress.  Uh huh.  That was at 8:45.  It is now 2:33.

Good thing I had already showered or I'd be a sad case sitting here.  Though it is one of those days best spent curled up in a blanket with a book (or laptop) and cup of coffee by the window.  And at least I have some pretty fall foliage out my bedroom window to gaze at.








And out the back window....



2 comments:

Barbara said...

I have days like that, too, Barb, and sometimes feel guilty about it. But like you say, there just are days where it's nice to stay inside, especially in the dismal time of the year.

Barbara said...

I don't think I ever feel guilty about just reading all day, but I sometimes feel antsy to get out! I can feel "productive" by just doing one thing, like returning a library book. LOL!