Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Best Laid Plans of Mice and Men....

often go awry....or astray.....something like that.  (By the way, one thing I miss about teaching is reading Of Mice and Men to my junior remedials, doing all the voices, especially Lennie's, and having even the toughest of the boys enjoy it!)

Well, my best laid plan of having an extra car key in my purse just in case I ever accidentally locked my regular set of keys in the car just went awry.  Yep, you guessed it.  Locked those plus my purse with the extra car key inside the car.  And it's 54 and raining here in FL today.  Brrrrrrrrrrrrr.....and I only say "Brrrrrrr" because after spending four winters in FL, I no longer am steeled against the cold.  Brrrrrrrrr at 54?!  For a Chicagoan?  I'm turning into a wimp!

But I am "home" in my rented condo....had ya goin' there for a while, huh?  And thanks to my trusty AAA membership, which has saved me several other times the same way (when will I learn?!) I am now a free travelin' woman again.  Only took one phone call to a very pleasant AAA rep and a 60 minute wait.  And voila!

And that's my post for today.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Hi Barb,

I love your posts and pictures!! It appears you have chosen a very nice location for the winter:) Enjoy!

Barbara said...

Thanks for "stopping by", Susan! Keep me updated on Dave's and your whereabouts this winter and if you'd like to stop by overnight.