Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year 2010!

My New Year's Eve afternoon was spent walking the beach.  It was near 70 degrees and sunny with clear blue skies (although a few of the following photos appear gray....I was facing into the sun in those).  Click any to enlarge:








Too cool for me to swim.....I just strolled....


Someone's handiwork...




Ya gotta at least enlarge this one to see the flock of birds.





Spotting our plane friends (from previous post)





It's 11:30PM now and I can hear the bass and music down at Baytowne Wharf (the Village in Sandestin) as the bay amplifies it across to my part of the resort....even the din of people laughing, screaming, clapping....my rental agent dropped off a bottle of champagne for me this afternoon, but I won't pop the cork until I'm gathered with some of my new snowbird friends down here....

I did step out onto my front porch, however, and snap these shots of the Blue Moon we are witnessing tonight:


About 10PM


And at 11:15PM, as clouds rolled in....

I hear a fireworks spectacular over the bay now, horns honking outside, and Fox is showing last hour's NY ball drop in Times Square.  So while I watch Dick Clark and New Year's Eve Around the World (hoping to see my Chicago celebrations) I'll wish you all a very Happy New Year 2010!




No comments: