Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Book versus the Movie

Since offering my opinion on this topic not too many posts ago, usually liking the movie over the book, I  learned some exciting news at the theater last night (in the preview trailers before seeing both Alice in Wonderland in 3D and Bounty Hunter...the former very entertaining and fun in 3D, the latter fairly lame, but sometimes ya just gotta go for the light stuff.)

The exciting news is that one of my favorite books, Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert will be out as a film this summer!  Julia Roberts plays her ("her" being Elizabeth Gilbert, as the book is really autobiographical.)  Not my first choice.  I think I might have preferred Gwyneth Paltrow.  It will be good to see Javier Bardem in a role that might help fade from my memory his sinister No Country for Old Men role.  Scared the bejesus outta me.

But I am looking forward to comparing it to the book.  We might have a winner in the book this time, but that remains to be seen.....




And the movie trailer:



No comments: