Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Goodbye, Florida

It's my last night in Sandestin and I'm all packed.  I leave tomorrow morning.  I've taken a hot shower to ease my aching back from lifting all my stuff and smashing it into every conceivable space in my car and trunk, and just popped three Advil to boot.

When I awake, I'll just shower and dress and make a little breakfast with some leftover food I still have.  Then I'll put the few remaining things into the car, bungee the bike onto the bike rack, start the dishwasher for the rental agency and put the trash on the curb and go. 

But I don't want to.

This last month has been perfect weather...sunny 70's...only two days of humidity.  I'll miss the biking around here;  I'll miss sitting at the pool reading and people-watching;  I'll miss the beach and sand and free Wednesday night music concerts and the Village.  I'll miss the natural beauty and peacefulness of Sandestin and the beaches and nature trails;  I'll miss all the water, water, water everywhere.


(click photos to enlarge)

So goodbye beautiful sand and Gulf, stay soft and white and emerald....



Goodbye morning sun out my front door...

 


Goodbye Rum Runners and Baytowne Wharf....



Goodbye, boats and marina at the Village....



Goodbye friendly gate guards....



Goodbye AJ's, keep the bands playin'....



Goodbye, Pompano Joe's....



Goodbye, Donut Hole....


And goodbye everything I've come to love about this area.  I can't wait to get back next season.


No comments: